Saturday, June 05, 2010

Why isn't anything fucking simple?
I spent three hours the other day faffing about with mysterious things I should not mess about with in my router settings. I was trying to get something called 'Port Forwarding' set up - I know it sounds like a hangover from the days of the East India Company; "Yes, brigadier, we took the clipper to Port Forwarding don't y'know?", but it's really something to do with letting malicious Russian hackers poke about in your machine while you download crappy old movies from other crappy old movie addicts. Anyway, after spending three hours doing all this, and finally getting it working, I had an attack of the paranoias, updated all the security stuff I have onboard, and managed to fuck it all up again.

Nuts!




Another brief snippet from the Screenplay of my life:

INT. DAY. THE KITCHEN.

Holly:
Daddy, who was John The Baptist?

Daddy:
He's a character in the Bible, sweetheart. Went round saying the Messiah was coming and then got his head chopped off.

Holly:
Was that when Slomm...? Sall...?

Daddy:
Salome?

Holly:
Yes! That's when Salome did the Dance of the Seven Veils - and when the last veil fell off, everyone could see her bum. (PAUSE) There's no accounting for taste.





.

No comments:

Missing CD? Contact vendor

Free CD
Please take care
in removing from cover.

Copyright (c) 2004-2007 by me, Liam Baldwin. That's real copyright, not any 'creative commons' internet hippy type thing.

(this copyright notice stolen from http://jonnybillericay.blogspot.com/)

eXTReMe Tracker