Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Well, I didn't get short listed as a best of the 'Daddy' blogs possibly because I'm not an American Christian, (which, from my casual reading of the other contenders, they all seemed to be to a man), possibly because I haven't written anything about ye kids for a while, which, when you think about it, is pretty much an essential qualification for a 'Daddy' blog (that, and a penis). As I said in another place earlier today:
'It's all my kids' fault. As soon as I put myself up for it they stopped doing anything weird, humorous, silly, or annoying - damn them! Now the short listing is over I fully expect them attempting to abseil from their bedroom window using dental floss, or do something science-shatteringly, physically impossible, like make a working room temperature cold fusion reactor with two potatoes and a paper clip.'
About half an hour after writing that I went to pick up Holly from Debs's house. Debs who was fulfilling the role of Village Taxi* for the afternoon, was ferrying at least four families' worth of sugar soaked children from a classmate's party in the next glen. She arrived a short while after I got there with a car-full of face-painted kids: the usual fairies, pirates, and butterflies - and Holly. Holly's face was painted a pale blue with short, darker blue, vertical streaks all over it. She looked like she had just been involved some bizarre, prolonged toothpaste accident.

Me:
"You look nice, sweetheart, what are you?"


Holly:
"A waterfall."


Not cold fusion (or even room temperature superconductors) but it's nice to have my kids back on form.




*This is not a euphemism for anything.

1 comment:

Phoebe J. Southwood said...

Tyler and I think you are the best Daddy Blogger* on the whole planet! In the entire Universe!

*Oh darn it. I didn't even catch the potential euphemism. But now that you point out it isn't, I can't help but think it* is!

*A euphemism.

Missing CD? Contact vendor

Free CD
Please take care
in removing from cover.

Copyright (c) 2004-2007 by me, Liam Baldwin. That's real copyright, not any 'creative commons' internet hippy type thing.

(this copyright notice stolen from http://jonnybillericay.blogspot.com/)

eXTReMe Tracker